Create & Manage Approval Requests
IN THIS ARTICLE
Create an Approval Request
- Go to Approvals, then click Submit Hours for Approval.
- Use the filtering options (Placement, Supervisor, and Date Range) to bring up the appropriate activities.
- Use the check boxes to select the activities you’d like to submit.
- Once you’ve selected the appropriate activities, click Submit Selected Activities for Approval. Your approval request will be submitted to the appropriate supervisor through Time2Track, and they will also receive an email alerting them of your request.
You can check the status of your approval requests at any time in the
You can also check the approval status of individual activities in the
Delete an Approval Request
If you submitted an approval request by accident, you can delete it. Go to Approvals and click the approval request you'd like to delete. Then click Retract and Delete This Approval Request. Time2Track will change the approval status of all the activities in that approval request to Unsubmitted. You will need to create a new approval request to submit these activities for approval again.
Remember: There's no undo.
Edit & Resubmit a Rejected Approval Request
If your supervisor has rejected an approval request, you'll need to make the appropriate changes to the activities and resubmit them for approval. When an approval request is rejected, all the activities included are rejected too. Even if some activities don't need to be changed, you'll need to resubmit all of them again.
- If you haven't already done so, check the rejected approval request to see if your supervisor included a note to let you know why it was rejected and what needs to be changed. Just go to Approvals then click the approval request. If your supervisor didn't include a note, contact them to find out what needs to be changed.
- Go to the Activities List and filter the list for Rejected activities. You'll need to make sure Rejected is the only selected Approval Status. This will bring up a list of all your rejected activities. Use Advanced Filters if you need to narrow down the list any further.
- From this screen, you can edit activities, delete activities, or bulk edit groups of activities.
- Once you're done making the appropriate changes, you can resubmit the activities for approval. Go to Approvals, then click Submit Hours for Approval.
- Use the filtering options to find the activities you want to resubmit, click the top checkbox to select all (or click the checkbox next to each activity you want to submit) then click Submit Selected Activities for Approval.
- Time2Track will create a new approval request and send it to your supervisor for review. They will also receive an email alerting them of your approval request.