Manage & Edit Clients
IN THIS ARTICLE
Manage Ad-Hoc Groups where Members Often Change
Managing ad-hoc groups where members come and go can be tricky to understand in Time2Track. Time2Track does not track attendance, so if you have a group that changes frequently, you should not add a separate group for each meeting.
Instead, you will add new members to the group as they attend, but if they stop attending the group you will not delete them. What you will end up with is a running list of ALL individuals who have ever attended that particular group. When Time2Track reports this information, you'll get credit for the demographics of each attendee.
NEVER delete an individual from a group, unless that individual was added by mistake. If you delete an individual from a group, the individual will be deleted from ALL instances where that group was used, not just the instances moving forward, and you will not receive credit for that client's demographics in any reports.
Edit a Client
To edit an Individual, Couple, Family, or Group, go to the Clients section and click the code of the client you'd like to change. You can also search your client list or filter by client type. Change or add any information, then click Save.
Keep in mind that editing any client will change ALL instances where that client was used, not just the instances moving forward. For example, if you change the age range for a client, it will change the age range for all the activities associated with that client.
Delete a Client
Clients can be deleted ONLY if they do not have any activities associated with them. Deleting a client from your Time2Track account would remove them from all your reports and activities, so we don't allow this.
If a client was added by mistake or you never ended up working with them, you can delete them from your account by navigating to the Clients section, then clicking the X button that appears when you move your cursor over the client you want to delete.
If the X button is grayed out, you won't be able to delete that client because they have activities associated with them.
Add Individuals to a Couple, Family, or Group
If you are working with a Couple, Family, or Group and you need to add new members at any point, go to the Clients section and click the code of the Couple, Family, or Group. To add a member, click in the Add an existing individual smartsearch box OR click the Add a new individual button. When you're done, click Save.
There are some Time2Track reports that show totals for groups by age range (eg. Adult Group, Adolescent Group, Child Group). Here are some important things to know about how Time2Track calculates age demographics for groups.
- Adding individuals to your group is optional.
- An empty group (no individuals added to the group) defaults to an Age Group of Adult.
- If a group contains one individual, the Age Group of the group will be the Age Group of the individual in the group.
- Example: A group containing one adolescent will be classified as an Adolescent Group.
- If a group contains more than one individual, the Age Group of the group will be the Age Group of the majority of the individuals in the group.
- Example: A group containing three adolescents and two adults will be classified as an Adolescent Group.
- If a group contains equal numbers of individuals for multiple age groups, the Age Group of the group will be the Age Group of the oldest individuals.
- Example: A group containing two adolescents and two adults will be classified as an Adult Group.